After completing the shears, I went back to the chines. Since I had ripped my original 3/4" thick material into two layers, the total thickness was only about 5/8". So I decided to make a mahogany sandwich and add in a 1/8" layer in the middle. So I cut an 8' board to the width of the chine (1 3/4") and then resawed into 1/8" thick pieces on the tablesaw. Since the rough chine length is about 12', I used 8' length towards the front of the boat, put a 45 degree mitre on the end and mated it to another piece long enough to complete the whole length. The middle layer was thin enough to bend to whatever shape needed. The pieces were all epoxied together on the frames using just about every clamp I could find in my shop. The grand total was 90 clamps for each chine lamination. Since I did not have 180 clamps, I could only do one at a time.
After completing the lamination on both chines, the epoxy squeeze out was planed off with a hand plane. I found this easiest to do in my shop with the chine in a vice and moved it along in the vice as I progressed. Then the chines were fit to the boat, epoxied and screwed into place. After all the consternation about the fit to the stem, the chine ended up looking too straight in the forward area and without enough twist so it did not angle nicely toward the shear. I ended up making a long tapered section piece about 3/8" thick at the bottom and 1/8" at the top and laminated it onto the chine from stem to about 8" forward of the frame. Using the small belt sander, it was blended into the chine.