Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Plans Change


After talking with my co-worker, Ted Gauthier about building a boat, he said I should check out Glen-L Marine's plans. He also decided to build a boat and settled on the 14' Zip from Glen-L. He said he found the boat for me, the Glen-L Squirt a 10' runabout. I wanted to stick with a small boat since my plan was to build in my basement and the 11'6" Mustang would make it out of the stairwell based on my measurements. I thought 10' was too small, but it could be stretched 10% to 11'. The Squirt looked way cool, so I changed my mind and ordered plans on September 28, 2009 from Glen-L.
.
The image shown is a Glen-L Squirt stretched to 11' and built by Jeff Cobb of Baton Rouge, LA. He did a suberb job finishing out his boat and its inspirational to see such a fantastic looking boat.




The first step is transferring the lines from the drawing to a layout and assembly board. With a few yardsticks, flexible curves, french curves, circle templates, and large carbon paper purchased from Glen-L, I got the lines down on a 3/4" plywood board.

No comments:

Post a Comment